2016 has begun with the note of new promises, fresh beginnings, innovative ideas and killer trends. While the fashion cycle tends to be cyclical as the name suggests, some trends tend to percolate the markets much more as compared to others.
You must have already flipped through the Fashion Trend reports, breezed through Vogue’s and Elle’s of the world and scoured the local markets for the 2016 Spring wear trends. Thus I am forbidding myself to give you more ‘Gyaan’ on the same and share with you my favorite trends of Spring Summer 2016, style tips for each and your shopping guide for these trends.
To make your shopping life a tad easier, do click on the links suggested with each trend for your shopping indulgences. They will guide you through my favorite shopping sites for that particular trends.
So whether you are a careful buyer ( Like me ) or an indulgent shopaholic, go, have a look and let me know if you liked it and bought from it
- Off Shoulder Tops
Bare Shoulders are in.
Do you remember Juhi Chawla’s white off shouldered top from the song ‘Tu hai meri Kiran’ ? Does it strike a bell ? The 90’s Off shoulder style has come to stay this season and bring in some relaxed boho vibe to the summery sun.
- Wear these breezy & glamorous off shoulder tops with long flowy skirts for a carefree boho look for an afternoon brunch or a casual evening out. Add some beach curls or french braid and you are ready to go.
- Style the uber chic formal off shoulder top with silk pants for a formal evening party. Strict hair parted sleek low pony would add the charm to this sleek number
- Grab an Ikat/block printed/khadi off shouldered maxi dress for the hip ‘Make in India’ look. Add some jhumka and twirl your side braids for an indo western look.
Top sites to buy from :
2. Large Plaids
The classic plaid print, that can modernize any silhouette, has been flying off the racks in 2015 and will continue to do so in 2016 too. A red plaid shirt tucked in distressed denims with sneakers is just the right outfit for an evening out with friends since decades. This year, lets try this trend differently, shall we?
Style Tips :
- Invest in one classic Red Plaid Shirt. I guarantee, it will last you next ten seasons. Style it with denims or black leather pants, depending on whether you want to go watch a movie or a rock concert.
- Experiment with Plaids and get yourself a maxi dress. This one is for the experimental divas who aren’t afraid to try on the big plaids. Keep the look chic and simple with relaxed hair and small studs in ears
- Try on a plaids saree if you are a saree lover like me. Take the desi cool a notch higher with linen saree. Team with with a lace crop top or a biker jacket for the glam look.
Ogaan ( Saree)
Hope you find this blog interesting while it gives you insights in trends, styling tips and site options to buy from.
While you decide on the next purchase and browse through, I sign off, happily.
Until next post.